Who We Are
Commonwealth is an independent, coed day school for grades 9 through 12. We are:
- A small school, enrolling about 145 students in four grades.
- Academically rigorous, catering to bright, curious students who enjoy intellectual adventures, in classes often taught at a college level.
- Located in Boston's Back Bay, two blocks from Copley Square.
- Diverse, with students of color representing roughly a third of the enrollment.
- Supportive, with dedicated faculty who know their students well.
- A community, with twice-yearly all-school weekends at a lakeside camp in Maine, where students and faculty plan and and enjoy activities together.
- Successful, with nearly 75% of graduating seniors recognized as National Merit Finalists, Semifinalists, or Commended Students, and some 35% recognized by the AP Scholars program.
By taking advantage of the School's academic excellence in the humanities, science and mathematics, strong programs in the visual and performing arts, and the city's wealth of opportunities for internships and service, Commonwealth students find themselves positioned to lead lives that will make a difference in the world.